Thursday, June 10, 2010

Trend: Clogs




How do we feel about clogs?  I keep seeing high heel clogs on the lists of trends for this summer and I'm just not sure.  Obviously, Kate Beckinsale looks awesome, as do all the other celebs who are rocking the high heeled clog, but I'm just not sure this is the trend for me.  Clogs make me feel clunky, even the name is like the total opposite of sexy.   

However, any opportunity to shop for shoes is an opportunity I want to take so I've been unselfishly searching the internet for clog inspired shoes that any woman would want to wear this summer, and next summer...and the summer after that.    

I'm a big fan of summer sandals, maybe because in Maine summer is a brief affair and one has to make the most of the the opportunity to shed wool socks and snow boots.

These adorable black sandals by Miss Sixty have a hint of the clog inspiration in the rivets on the toe bed and a very sexy heel for a clog.  
These gorgeous brown leather clog inspired sandals are by Biviel. I recently discovered Biviel and I love them. The reviews for fit and comfort are great and I'm really looking forward to owning a pair myself.  

The white clogs are by BCBGMaxAzria and are the most on trend.  Wood, leather, buckles, there is a lot going on with these clogs but they still have the chic look of quality that can take them beyond this summer trend.  A great pair of leather sandals is worth the money and should last more than one season.  I think each of these sandals could be staples for summers to come making any pair a worthwhile investment.




No comments:

Post a Comment